Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Friday, December 29, 2017

Home Alone

With Eric & the kids still in Texas, I flew back early to be at work.  As a busy mom, having time alone means no cooking, no cleaning (it amazingly stays clean!), no carpool in the morning, wine in the evening, workout whenever I want, unlimited use of the family computer, watch whatever I want on TV, and lots of peace and quiet.  Oh, I was so looking forward to this!

Well, I ended up having a cold, so no workout and no wine.  I basically just felt tired, cold, and miserable.  I was craving lots of vitamins and decided to try this for lunch....



It's from a restaurant just down the street from CDS called Southern Pressed Juicery.  It was a wonderful blend of kale, chia seeds, cocoa nips, honey, fresh berries, coconut, and lots of other yummy goodness to boost your immune system.


And while most people enjoy curling up with a good book in the evening, I prefer a good Nova program.  With a Perrier in hand and a bowl of popcorn, I cranked up the fireplace, snuggled in a blanket, and watched my nerdy shows until I was too tired to even move.    

Good break, but now I'm ready for my family to come home.  Drive safely!  I miss you all.