Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Girlfriend

The new word in our house is Girlfriend.  They have been dating over a month now, so I guess I need to get used to this idea.  She's beautiful, smart, witty, German, and Catholic, along with so many other wonderful qualities.  My "mom" friends who also have young adult sons tell me to be careful and not get too attached, but I have to admit that I'm finding that part difficult.  She's just an all-around sweet girl.


She joined us one day for a church event, and as is our family routine, we headed to Bojangles afterwards.  Not a fancy place, I'll admit, but it's our custom nonetheless. She had never eaten there before and was totally up for it.  I was proud of her for trying.


Afterwards at our house, the two played cards.  They seem to get along well and really enjoy each other's company.  At one point, I asked what game they were playing.  She replied, Spite or Malice.  I was shocked!!  That was my favorite game to play with my grandmother growing up, so I couldn't help myself and joined in.  I had so much fun!  Staying detached is not going well....