Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Bathroom Renovation

I am grateful for a simple life...I just need a roof, a clean bed, lights, plumbing, and a few essentials to keep me happy. Nothing fancy. So when Eric wants to update areas of our home, I just sigh. I don't understand the purpose when things are already functional. However, once completed, it really does look nice. 

Here's our bathroom before the renovation...

The process to pick out tiles, paint colors, etc. was stressful. It took time and multiple trips to various stores to achieve the right look. It's also permanent. And it's expensive. Then, we lost access to our bathroom for several weeks. 


But the finished product was amazing! When I look at the before/after photos, I realize Eric was right. It did need updating. 


Since our master bath opens into the master bedroom, the bedroom needed an update as well. Otherwise, the transition didn't flow. This is why I hesitate doing renovations. It ALWAYS leads to more.


I didn't take a before photo of our bedroom, sorry. But, here's the picture after it's finished.


Now my favorite part...we get to enjoy it! I now have fully-functioning bathroom and bedroom space again with a more contemporary look to last another 20 years.