Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Monday, March 19, 2018

NZ - Queenstown

Our next stop was Queenstown in the South Island.  It's pretty cool to fly into.  It takes a very skilled pilot to navigate through the mountain ranges and come in low for a landing.


It was here that Ashlyn and I decided to go bungee jumping.  This is our selfie on the lift to the jump tower.


Getting strapped up!


And now walking the plank.  This is where it got me nervous.  I had to put my toes over the edge and wait about ten seconds before jumping.  The wind was whipping me around, so that was a long ten seconds.


Here's a link to watch it in action:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCivJyQuImA





Whew!  Made it back to the landing, all safe and sound.  Many thanks to the great photographer, Ashlyn.  She went after me, but the pics were on her phone.


While we bungee jumped, Eric and the other two took a luge ride down a mountain.  Fun outings for all of us!

Our little one saw this Mystery Machine close to our apartment, so she wanted a picture.