Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Quarantined, Part 4

As our community and nation begin to slowly open back up, we've been adjusting to what may become our "new normal".  We're wearing face masks to stores, going outside where there's lots of fresh air, and trying to keep holidays intact.  



First, we needed to get out.  We opted to do a family bike ride along the Doodle Trail since the Swamp Rabbit is usually crowded. We took one vehicle, dropped our son off first, then met him halfway to exchange keys.



It was such a beautiful day!  The ride used muscles I hadn't use in quite a while, but I really enjoyed getting out.



This picture is only to show that even with my "mom bike", I could still get ahead of them occasionally.  My basket and bell just made me look that much more awesome.



After the ride, our son picked us up along with treats from Arby's. A Jamocha shake sure hits the palate after burning a few calories!



I then opened "mom's hair salon" again.  I don't charge much except for a bit of their pride...I'm allowed to give them a hug and kiss and they can't fight me off.



May 5th fell during quarantine, a big celebration with my Texas roots.  One of the funniest Facebook posts was that Cinco de Mayo fell on Taco Tuesday but we can't celebrate because of a disease named Coronavirus. We decided to make homemade quesadillas and drink Corona beer.  I know, we're not original, but it was still fun. 


When restaurants started opening up, you could only eat on outside tables.  The kids were craving McAlister's Tea, so we met there over lunch.  Super delicious!


For Mother's Day, my son ordered me a special Army shirt that will arrive in a few weeks.  My oldest daughter took me to Panera, one of my favs!  The Little One made me a homemade card and poem that I absolultely love...


There's a little yellow note that says she'll buy me any item at Starbucks.  The cover was designed with outerspace, glitter for stars, and a black hole.  She knows me so well!


As I finish this last quarantine post, I'm hopeful things will be okay as we open our country back up. I miss my Catholic church and receiving the Eucharist (weekly YouTube just isn't the same), I miss giving hugs to people I haven't seen in a while (my youngest child is bearing the brunt of it all with my kisses), and I miss seeing smiles from random strangers (emoji masks are not a substitute).  But, we will get through this!