Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Monday, May 6, 2019

First Communion Class



Back in September, I was asked to "sub" in the 2nd grade CCD class until they could fill it with a permanent teacher.  I fell for it hook, line, and sinker!  But these sweet children gave me just as much love in return for my time, and I'm so thankful for the experience.



The first sacrament we went over was Reconciliation.  It was a challenge to get them interested in doing this, and holding their attention to learn the prayers, but I was so proud that they did it!  After they finished, each received a ring and stole like the prodigal son.


And the best celebration was watching them receive Christ for the first time!  Sweet group of kids.


Even Eric participated by being my real substitute during a few classes, lectoring during the First Communion Mass, and assisting the students with crowing Jesus and Mary.