Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Monday, October 30, 2017

God Daughter

I am so proud of my godchild, a sweet girl of a close family friend.  She asked me to be her confirmation sponsor, and I was beyond thrilled!


The sponsor and candidate had several months of preparation, which included meetings, a booklet we completed together, and a retreat.  The retreat was a six-mile pilgrimage and picnic lunch.


For the big day, she looked beautiful.  Her dad and grandmother came to watch.





As a gift, she wanted more than anything to go flying.  It took a little assurance that she would be okay, but her parents approved.  



She loved it!  I was excited to watch her take off and enjoyed seeing her big smile.
 

While we waited for them to get back, my little one was still young enough to enjoy the playground.  She's on the top of the monkey bars.


Afterwards, we got a picture with the tail number showing a successful flight.