Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Camp Grandma

Our little one enjoyed a week with her Grandma over the summer.  It was even sweeter when she got to spend time with her cousin for a few days.  Below are pictures of the fun week in her own words as taken from her journal:

Day 1: My grandma picked me and my brother up from Terminal B and drove us to terminal A where my brother hopped on a plane to go to Austin.  Me and Grandma went to McAlisters, then came home and started cooking.

Day 2:  I woke up and had pancakes with Grandma, then we went to go see the Secret Life of Pets! After the movie, we went shopping.  Once we got home, we put on our bathings suits and went swimming.


Day 3:  Aunt Halie and my cousin woke me up at 10:30am.  We had breakfast, packed snacks, and went to Hawaiian Falls water park.


Day 4:  We woke up early and left for Oklahoma.  I was a long car trip.  We visited some graves and where my Grandma grew up.




Then we went to the hotel and got ready for the wedding.  The wedding was beautiful.



Day 5:  We woke up and toured some of the area. Then we went to Mass and the anniversary party.  I had 8 questions for my mom's cousin Ron.




Day 6:  I woke up at 9am.  Grandma and I had a painting class. When it was over, me and Grandma came home and started dinner.  I had a little extra time to make a tape ball trap for Poppie.


After dinner, me and Grandma went to the park to feed the ducks and take a walk.


Day 7:  I woke up and had a big breakfast:  monkey bread, fruit, eggs and bacon.  Then we went to the Artisan Children's Theater and saw The Little Mermaid.  It was awesome!


Day 8:  Grandma woke me up since we needed to pick up my brother at the airport.  We went to Saltgrass (it's a restaurant).  Then we went back to the airport, said our good bye's, and hopped on the plane. 

My mom and dad picked us up from the airport.  And that was the story of my Camp Grandma for 2016.  The End!