Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bucket List

Well, Eric had his list that included bull riding, climbing a 14-er, starting a new business, etc., so I took this time between jobs to fulfill one of mine - becoming a pilot.  I have to admit that it's a bit more expensive, but absolutely worth it!  I only have 15 flight hours at this point, and hope to have my license by the end of January.  I start flying solo next week.



This is a close up of the plane I actually fly each day.  It's not the most sophisticated or updated technology, but it works.  It's like learning on a standard shift vehicle so you understand what's happening when you drive an automatic.







This is me actually flying the plane a few weeks ago.  I'm not experienced enough yet to fly lower to the ground unless I'm landing.  This picture was taken with the plane at 2,000 ft.






I have one more week of ground school, then another 25 hours of flight instruction before I get my license.