Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Thursday, December 22, 2022

Going Grey

 As we embark on the close of 2022 and embrace new beginnings of 2023, I saw this post:

That post embodied my feelings exactly about going grey. I just needed the confidence to go for it. Here's my before picture so you can see the roots exposed. I shouldn't be this red, so that's part of why I'm ready to stop coloring.


The family gave me a perfect window to schedule a hair appointment as they headed to Texas early for Christmas. We decided to add some highlights, then a toner to help blend the greys.


A cut was included, so I decided to chop several inches off and layer it to help my natural color grow out and blend.


The family didn't like it too much, but I love it! They say to expect at least a year for it to fully grow out. I may need one more highlight/tonor treatment to blend everything again before Ashlyn's wedding in August. But overall, I'm super pleased.