Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Friday, July 2, 2021

McConnells Town

For my goddaughter's high school graduation and final birthday present, I took her skydiving. On the way to Chester, SC, we missed our turn and ended up passing this sign.

Who knew?? Very cool. I had to drive a bit further into town for another picture.

Once back on the correct road, we finally arrived at the jump site. She was excited!


She decided to get the video package where they interviewed her ahead of the jump.

Then it was time to get suited up and load the plane.


She jumped out at 14,000 feet, free-fell for about a minute, then enjoyed a parachute ride with lots of spins on the way down. She had a soft, successful landing!


I was happy to be a part of this experience with her, although I stayed on the ground. I still remember my jump about 20 years ago with fond memories and may decide to do that again one day. We'll see!