Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Training, Part 4

My sweet family helped me do a "trial run" on my big hike. Eric and the Little One grabbed their backpacks, camping gear, and a stash of food to join me on this final outing. 

This was my longest hike yet at 15 miles, plus I needed to test all the camping gear. Here was our lunch spot.

They were troopers! I couldn't believe they hung with me step for step. I guess they didn't need to train as much as I did because they were already in shape.


The hike was beautiful! Eric picked out some great trails that included waterfalls...


Overlooks...


And neat bridges.

We slept fairly comfortably and the gear held up well. Nice job, family! 


Now to grab some coffee on the way home.