Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Sunday, November 3, 2019

30th Reunion

I took the opportunity to visit my hometown for my 30th high school reunion.  We were a relatively small class of 118 graduates, and about 25 attended the events for the weekend.  


I stayed at the farm along with two other classmates who drove in from out of town...Tammie Marion and Robin Bannister.  It was the perfect getaway for three ladies who needed to unwind, reconnect with old friends, and form a lifelong sisterhood.  One of my favorite events of the weekend was watching Tammie catch her first fish!


The Friday events started with a lunch at Lee Parsley's restaurant.  Besides seeing Lee, I saw a few other classmates and friends of my parents, Gordon Todd & Floyd Byrd.  We then moved to the school for the big pep rally!



Starting at the top is Melissa Barcuch, Chloe Boyd, then bottom row is Roxanne Svetlik, me, and Stephanie Zapata (my tennis partner).  The day ended at Worley's Apache Pass having a few beers and lots of pepper puppies!


On Saturday, those who wanted could take a tour of the school.  Only the ladies showed up...Robin, Tammie, Priscilla, Chloe, me, and Roxanne.


The tour brought back so many memories!  Upstairs to the left was typing, up to the right was business/accounting.  Down in the bottom was the library.


The auditorium hasn't changed a bit... the wooden chairs, the drapery, the old wood smell, it was so nostalgic.



Then we had some free time before the big reunion night.  Some of us decided to take a drive along the cruising route which included Sonic, the KC Hall, and Mr. Gattis.


For the big reunion, I've posted pictures with names.  It was an amazing weekend, and I'm so glad I went.

Top:  Billy Herridge
Middle:  Jason Worley, Constance Carr, Melissa Barcuch, Robin Bannister, and Simon Yanes
Bottom:  Chloe Boyd Skubal, Doreen Mancillas, me, Tammie Marion, Veronica Razo, Cynthia Taylor, Lisa Kovar, and Roxanne Svetlik.


Same crew except Romney Dodd Fischer is on the left.



Amy Marshall and Roxanne.


Lee Parsley and Roxanne


Keely Lawrence, Romney, Roxanne, and Crissy Herrera.


The sweet lady on the left (by me) is Lashauna Ethridge.


 Cheers to the Rockdale High School class of 1989!