Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. -- Brad Henry

Monday, September 19, 2016

5 is Enough!

With two of our fleet of vehicles down, Eric went into a panic.  The mustang had a blown head gasket and the cadi needed coolant every 2 miles.  That left three reliable modes of transportation for commuting to school & work:  my car, the truck, and the motorcycle.

For years I've been asking him to sell one of the two broken vehicles, but he always managed to get them running again.  It's a hobby, albeit a time-consuming and money wasting one.  These cars cost more to repair than they are worth.  But, he claims, it's an opportunity for learning and bonding with his son.

After several weeks of the two working diligently under the hood, I noticed they would frequently escape for a bite to eat.  I expect they had their share of hot wings and burgers, but I wasn't expecting this...


Yes, they were shopping for a new vehicle.  This one may have been a great find and a bargain, but we're now up to 6 vehicles.


Even the little one seems to like it.

To top things off, the two "broken" vehicles are working again, my parking spot in the garage is always taken, and none of the vehicles are on Craig's List yet.  I'm willing to sell a few the next time Eric goes out of town.  Just give me a call.  Best offer.